Why Do Cops Like Donuts?
This is a question that has plagued mankind for years. The answer is quite simple.
1. Donuts are relatively inexpensive, so they can be discarded with little guilt, in case of a hot call in the middle of a snack break.
2. In many areas, the donut shop is the only place open 24 hours.
3. Donuts have sugar and carbohydrates, which allow for quick energy. Donuts, coupled with the ever present cup of coffee, help keep the officers awake and alert.
4. Donut shops are usually located in centralized areas, which can be used as a meeting place for briefings between Officers of different agencies or shifts.
5. Donuts are TASTY! Can you think of anyone who DOESN'T like donuts?
you have it. There is no great mystery as to why Cops and donuts
go hand in hand. One word of advice. When the Police Officer asks
"Have you been drinking? Your eyes are red."
Don't reply, "Have you been eating donuts,? Your eyes are glazed."
Thanks to Gary McKee, creator of "Police Limit, The Comic Strip"
best donuts on earth are made by:
[ home ] [ email ] [ view guestbook ]